Friday 24 August 2012

Mr. Brainwash: Life is Beautiful.

Today Kate and I made a visit to the Mr. Brainwash exhibition in the Old Sorting Office at 21 New Oxford Street.

 Kate isn't the biggest fan of Thierry Guetta, I think his exit through the Gift Shop antics didn't work wonders. But on the other hand I rather enjoyed the exhibition, loved the work, had a great time having a look around, especially at the selection of framed prints scattered around the walls just around the corner from the entrance and would completely recommend a trip!

You also get a free print and post card when your leaving, which is a lovely touch! Kate and I also though that a canvas tote or something would have been a good alternative, and a good form of cheap advertising while hanging on the shoulders of many Hipsters. ; - )

But, while we explored me and Kate also discussed the sense of or indeed at some points the somewhat lack of creativity and individuality? Which is a factor that I have heard mentioned a lot in relation to MBW...

But to be frank, put me in a room full of bright colours, interesting textures, pop art and Andy Warhol references.... I'm happy 
whereas Kate I think is more of a fan of the more 'intellectual' art form.....











located in a nice urine scented doorway just outside the exhibition........... : - )

and then after all that,,,,

a much needed Costa! 



Kate gloriously rolling her print!










Kate's outfit,,,

Jacket & Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Bag: Warehouse
Necklace: Versace for H&M
Lace Body: Suite Blanco





My outfit,,,,,,

Blazer: Next Runway Collection
Necklace: Forever 21
T-shirt: New Look
Vest: Gap
Belt: Vintage
Skirt: Primark
Creepers: Undergound
Bag: M&S





(Just at the back of the UCH hospital... )

No comments:

Post a Comment

X THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT X